Conducting insightful market research and creating a compelling presentation
If you’re interested in introducing a new product or service to consumers, you must be sure they need it and would want to purchase it. That is why you should conduct market research and design it into attractive market research slides to have an idea in advance of customer acceptance of that product to avoid as many risks of market unacceptance as possible.
Choosing presentation design service is the first step to avoiding risks because sheets of data will not impress anyone but colorful pie charts will.
What is Market Research Presentation?
Marketing research is a system of identifying and analyzing information related to the techniques and problems of marketing.
As an important part of the marketing function, market research has to be properly conducted and used regularly to get all the answers you need. The research is just as valuable to the manufacturer as its further market research ppt to present to managers and teams. Logical enough, if you create an unnecessary product with an unattractive presentation, few stakeholders will approve it, and few people will buy the product. Thus, your business idea will eventually fail.
Market research includes all research activities involved in marketing problems:
- Gathering information.
- Recording information.
- Analyzing information.
Sources of information on markets:
- Published statistics.
- Government agency.
- Trade associations.
- Other consultants.
Why Address Market Research Slide Deck?
The marketing research deck provides the next benefits:
- Effective sales forecasting with attractive graphs.
- Continued business vitality.
- The soundness of marketing decisions.
- Transparency on how much, where, to whom, and how to sell.
Additionally, a comprehensive market research deck helps to design sales analysis through recorded data. It can be even done in the company’s own office to set up sales records and yield data. As you see, there are no disadvantages to market analysis presentations, and it is a wholesome instrument to analyze your company and predict its prospects in beautiful tables and slides.
Check this material if you struggle with composing an effective sales plan and its analysis.
How to Design a Market Research PowerPoint Plan?
The scope of typical marketing research includes following the next steps:
- Measure market potential.
- Determine market characteristics.
- Analyze market share.
- Study competitive products.
- Make short and long-range forecasting.
- Discover business trends.
- Study advertisement effectiveness.
- Analyze pricing.
- Investigate plant and warehouse.
- Explore distribution channels.
How to Conduct Market Research?
Let’s discuss the exact steps involved in conducting effective market research.
Step 1: Define the problem
When posing questions, researchers will benefit from having a well-defined area of study. These inquiries need to be problem-solving in nature and customized for the project. The study objectives should also be clearly stated and briefly define the information that is required and how it might be acquired. The question of “why are we performing this research?” must eventually have an insightful response.
Step 2: Define the sample
The researcher needs a representative sample to conduct market research. A sample is a small group of individuals who serve as an accurate representation of a larger group. Obviously, a company cannot squander resources by gathering data from the incorrect demographic.
There are two techniques to obtain the sample:
- Probability sampling: it ensures that every member of the population will have the same chance of being chosen and included in the sample group because the sample will be chosen at random.
- Non-probability sampling: a variety of people are attempting to obtain a more representative sample that is more evenly distributed. Understanding the demographics of your group will surely help in limiting the target sample’s profile and defining interesting variables (gender, age, place of residence, etc.).
Step 3: Execute data collection
First, a data collection instrument should be developed. Indeed, not answering the survey or answering it incompletely will cause errors in research and further results.
Step 4: Analyze the results
If all the above is executed well, but there is no accurate result analysis, the consequent decisions will not be appropriately made. Meanwhile, in-depth analysis will be insightful and effective in making vital solutions. Data analysis has to be noted in a clearly written report.
Step 5: Make the research report
When presenting market research presentation slides with results, researchers should focus on what they want to achieve using these results. Bright graphs and charts are worth little if they answer no valuable business question.
To make a prominent report slide deck, consider these pieces of advice from expert analysts and presenters:
- Use storytelling: start with your conclusions and give fundamentals instead of accumulating evidence.
- Be flexible: order of questions in your questionnaire should not determine the order of outcomes in the presentation.
- Restructure data: you could discover new and more valuable information.
- Take decisions: act and implement!
And remember, every observer should be able to extract something from your report so that it becomes relevant to their field of work.
How to Design Market Research in PowerPoint?
The typical structure of a market research presentation includes the following set of slides:
- Title slide.
- SWOT analysis.
- Intended outcomes.
- Target demographics.
- Data collection.
We would like to give you more options for marketing research presentation structures, and you pick the one that suits your specific request. We will not include the title, conclusion, and other slides so that you focus on the presentation’s main body.
Disclaimer: you are welcome to adjust, alter, and suit the next examples per your requirements.
Presentation Structure #1: Desk Research
- Sales analysis slide(s).
– Past sales.
– Fluctuations in sales & promotional expenditure.
– Economics of order size.
- Correlation studies slide(s) (concerned with finding the relationship between two or more variables).
- Ratios slide(s).
– Stock-turn (relation between sales and stocks).
– Profit per capita.
Presentation Structure #2: Postal Questionnaire
- Questions slide(s).
- Answers slide(s).
- “So what?” slide(s).
Presentation Structure #3: Statistical Method
- Pre-collected data slide(s).
– Bar charts.
– Frequency polygons.
– Frequency distribution curves.
- Sample size slide(s).
- Testing hypothesis slide(s).
- Data interpretation slide(s).
Marketing and sales are interconnected things. While the first is a more abstract notion, the second is based on exact numbers. And managing those numbers is a responsible task that must be based on solid market research. Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data is what market research is. And every company needs plenty of them to make more informed decisions.
If you struggle with designing the obtained numbers into attractive charts and graphs, make sure to contact our presentation design services and get an animated interpretation of your data.