How to create a business plan presentation?
Business plans are essential for any company. Start with a business plan to ensure your business idea is promising and feasible.
It can be much easier to understand with business plan slides and attractive visuals. Hence, it is best to include them in your business plan presentation so that the target audience will welcome and internalize them without confusion.
What is a Business Plan Presentation?
The business plan presentation PowerPoint is an animated document describing your company’s activities, the services and products offered, your company’s business goals and strategy, and the action plan you have defined. A business plan must outline how you plan to make money and achieve your goals.
The main objectives of a business plan PPT include:
- Assistance in identifying risks affecting the company’s growth and strategies to overcome those risks.
- Demonstration of the company’s financial performance and the state of the economy to investors.
- Help predict competitors and major market trends and explain key business objectives.
- An essential resource for various development budgets.
Ten tips for creating a business plan presentation:
- Add your company details: name, headline, name, and tagline to the first slide of your business plan. When introducing the slide, you can describe your actions in one sentence.
- Imagine a specific problem. Make sure it relates to your target audience. You can also add statistics to this part of a business plan to clarify how you influence others.
- Describe the solution in simple terms. Offer a solution to the problem mentioned in slide 2. Offer a unique approach.
- Explain how you want to make money. Indicate the pricing structure, customers, sources of income, and ways of making a profit.
- Add some details to your business plan. Explain how it works and make a summary. Add a visual slide to show how it all works.
- Briefly outline the strategy. Briefly explain how you can plan for your company to go to market. Provide specific details to your audience. Publish your marketing plan and budget.
- Tell about your main competitors and indicate how and how you differ from them.
- Name something about your team. Highlight each participant’s business experience.
- Provide your audience with a clear and concise financial forecast for several years. Tell about the methods by which you have reached the current numbers.
- Show where you are now. Presentation of the business plan must share what you have done, what you are looking for, and how you plan to achieve your goals. On the last slide, call your audience to action.
How to Create a Business Plan: 16 Components of a Business Plan
You can make a business plan summary at the end or do it first. However, it would be better to generate it in the episode. It is where you need to explain the benefits of your business model and present your products and services.
It should be attractive and concise for the reader. After you complete the rest of the plan, it’s easy to write a meaningful resume.
In your company profile, tell readers certain information:
- The customer problem you want to solve;
- History of the company;
- Business contact data;
- Services or products;
- The market you serve.
It would be better to use an infographic to show all these details in the business plan. Much easier to understand and read more clearly and concisely than tons of paragraphs of additional information in your business plan.
With market analysis, you can add many bright details to the business plan presentation PPT: determine customer segments, their needs, your target market, or its size and present them with graphs, pies, and charts.
Add competitor analysis to your business plan
There, you research your most important competitors. For example, you can indicate your strengths, weaknesses, and influence on the market. Learn about specific threats and explain products and services, pricing recommendations, and marketing strategies.
Here, you should summarize all the results for your clients, e.g, their problems, needs, and responsibilities.
This method will assist you in presenting or analyzing your target group. You should get to know other brands and their products well. This way, you can find out the primary purpose of your competitors’ products or services. You can post research data in a business plan as you see fit.
Porter’s five forces
You can use this device to assess your position relative to competitors and a company’s competitiveness. With it, you can find out if your new service or product is profitable.
Use a SWOT analysis when you create a business plan to find out the strengths and weaknesses of competitors, as well as the threats and opportunities they pose to you in the industry. You can also use it to assess your company’s capabilities.
It is short for political, economic, socio-cultural, and technological factors. It is a great way to learn how the outside forces of your market can affect your business. You can also develop a risk management plan and a marketing strategy to include in the business plan.
One more critical point of the business plan presentation outline requires all data about your competitors can be collected here, such as suppliers, partners, strategies, sales figures, etc. Use this method to organize information about your competitors to include in your business plan presentation.
Competitive Intelligence/Intelligent Map
You can also transfer this information to a mind map. Add it to business plan presentations, wikis, intranets, websites, or online documents. You can view and quickly navigate all the links in the mind map.
Marketing and sales strategies
It is the part of a business plan where you describe how you will sell and promote your product. It is now easier because you understand your competitors, target customers, and the market well.
- When you have a marketing strategy described in your business plan, you can consider factors such as your resources, marketing budget, marketing goals, communication channels, etc.
- When you have a sales plan, you should pay more attention to your resources, tools, goals, etc.
- Use mind maps to ensure that all this information is visible to your target audience.
- Use two smart cards to show your marketing strategies and sales separately or one smart card to showcase both.
Tell us about the key personnel who work for the company in your business plan. Mention them in this section and share your knowledge.
Use an organization chart to represent your team and their roles. It can also help you highlight the hierarchy of the organizational structure.
Products and services
This part of the business plan tells about your product or service and how customers can use it. You can use several visualizations to make this piece more appealing to your audience.
Use this device to display, describe or design a specific product strategy. It considers your target customer, the required product features (from models, sketches, epics/sprints, design systems, and storyboards), and the tasks you need to complete to create the entire product.
Core value proposition
Use this device when you want to clarify whether your product or service meets a specific customer need. It will help you learn the following:
- What customer problems are you trying to solve?
- What profit can you provide to your customers through your services or products?
- What customer needs do you want to satisfy?
- What is your product’s job to help a buyer complete it?
- What different products do you offer to each customer segment?
Provide all financial data related to your company. This part is essential when presenting a business plan to investors. It includes historical information such as profit and loss statements, profit and loss statements, cash flow statements, etc., as well as financial projections based on the impact of the new product.
Whenever you offer investors a new service or product, you can also add your own funding requirements. You can use your financial database with a handy mind map to make a great business plan presentation. Anyone accessing a mind map can easily access your linked resources from your business plan when you do.
Want to Create a Good Presentation of Your Business Plan?
We hope you’d take advantage of the above business plan presentation tips. We are also eager to offer our excellent services to get support in submitting your business plan. We promise to create a presentation of your business plan from scratch in no time.
All the data on your slides will be neatly organized and show your target group your personalized plan. You can achieve your goals without knowing how to create a business plan presentation ─ do it by ordering us to create your business plan. Feel free to contact us now!